Carl Mann, Guide and Outfitter
Time spent out on the river or in the fields is not measured with a watch with me.As one of the premier Montana hunting guide and outfitter, I have been guiding on Montana’s rivers, streams, and mountains for over 30 years. As a young boy, I spent my entire time catching fish, wondering through the woods, and hunting anything and everything I could. I attended The University of Montana and majored in Wildlife Biology and minored in Ichthyology.
My love for the sport prompted me to become and outfitter at a very young age. I started “Carl Mann’s Montana Experienced Outfitters” back in 1977. I have been operating this business successfully ever since. I truly enjoy watching my guest’s get all excited when they hook a large fish, or take their first buck. I also enjoy instructing first time sportsmen. A large portion of my guests are first timers. I still can recall what it was like for me when I had my first rush hunting or fishing. I try to pass that experience on to my guests. Time spent out on the river or in the fields is not measured with a watch with me.
Taking the TimeMemories of great times outdoors are something you can take with you the rest of your life.
My experience guiding has been expanded greatly over the past 6 years because I have had the opportunity to host a Northwest based fishing show called “Columbia Country.” This show is found in the Greater Northwest, B.C., Alaska, and around the world on the Armed Forces Network. Hosting this show I have been very fortunate to fish with many very skilled outfitters and guides. I feel that I have learned a tremendous amount of fishing skills from them. I am able to pass these skills on to my guests. I have fished almost all the waters of Montana, and now with the TV show all the Western States. I have probably fished for ever game species of fish in the Northwest, and even some non-game species.
- Larry Schoenborn's: Fishing the West
- Babe Winkleman's: Good Fishing Secrets
- Peter Fuducchie's: Wood and Water
- Jim Nugents: Angling USA
- Carl Mann's Columbia Country
Carl Mann Has Also Been Filmed In Full Length VHS Videos Found Across The US In Your Local Video Shops And Sporting good Stores:
- HIGH PLAINS ADVENTURE: Stoney Wolfe Production
- HORNS OF PLENTY: Sunwest Productions
- BUCKS AND BREAKS: Sunwest Productions
- CLARKFORK RIVER OF MANY RETURNS: Sunwest Productions
- LONG RANGE BUCKS: Sunwest Productions
- Flyfishing Magazine "Montana's Clark Fork By: Deke Meyer
- Outdoor Life "Miles of Trout" By: Bud Journey
- Outdoor Life "The Breaks for Bucks By: Bud Journey
- Hunt Magazine "Hunt of the Month, Hunt of the Year" By: Bill Boylon
Carl produced 6 season of Columbia Country, a regional weekly television program focused on fishing throughout the western United States, Canada and Alaska.
Watch a couple of short clips from Columbia Country, featuring our Carl Mann, outfitter.